“Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” George Bernard Shaw
Hi and welcome to Families with Purpose. My name is Polly and I am the founder. You can learn more about me here. If you are reading this you are probably wondering, what Families with Purpose is all about and whether or not it is a good fit for you. I get that. As parents, we are constantly bombarded with messages, requests, and philosophies, so I wanted to make it easy for you by telling you exactly what I believe and what you can expect from me. If after reading this you don’t think Families with Purpose is right for you, that’s okay. There are A LOT of resources out there on family and parenting, so be sure to keep looking until you find the one that is right for you.
Here is my philosophy and the focus of my content
- It is our primary responsibility as parents to raise children who will make a difference in the world. That’s the only way we will find solutions to the big issues like hunger, hate, war, and poverty.
- Parents need to be intentional about the family they are building. This means you know exactly who you are and what you want to be. You just don’t let life happen to you, you make life happen. Don’t let fear stop you. Don’t be lazy.
- Work life balance is possible. It is about knowing where you are going, being excited about life, being very clear on your priorities, and knowing how to manage your time.
- Everyone has a reason for being. We were all put here in this world for a reason. There is no such thing as a coincidence.
- Everything starts with family. The best thing you can do for yourself and kids is give yourselves a loving secure place to be, grow, and thrive.
- Belonging is a really big deal. Everyone needs it and everyone wants it. Start early by giving your kids a safe place to belong and be who they were meant to be and the chances they will look for it later outside the family are much less.
- Your life of being a parent isn’t just about the kids. You are important too. You can’t be a good parent if you don’t take care of you.
- Life is wonderful. Make it count. At the end of your life make sure you know why you existed not that you just simply existed.
- Families with Purpose is for families of all kinds and faiths. If you have a strong interest or desire in creating an authentic purposeful life for yourself and family, then this is the place for you. There is no judgement here.